Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct:
The Poker School Club Executive Board will maintain a pleasant environment for all our members. We have established a code of conduct, and may deny the use of our club to anyone who violates it. The one rule we have always had from day one is “No Assholes Allowed” and this has served us very well over the years. The board will not hesitate in banning mean or aggressive players.
The following is not permitted:
- Rude behavior of any kind.
- Negative comments about a player and how they play or that they made a poor call or play, If you are nice and you are coaching and it is taken that way fine, be an asshole and you will be asked to not come back.
(REALLY WE MEAN IT!)
- Collusion with another player or any other form of cheating.
- Verbally or physically threatening any member.
- Throwing, tearing, bending, or crumpling cards.
- Destroying or defacing property.
- Using an illegal substance.
Proper Poker Etiquette:
The following actions are improper, the clubs purpose is to educate our members please take note.
- Deliberately acting out of turn.
- Deliberately splashing chips into the pot.
- Agreeing to check a hand out when a third player is all-in.
- Reading a hand for another player at the showdown before it has been placed face up on the table.
- Telling anyone to turn a hand face up at the showdown.
- Revealing the contents of a live hand in a multi handed pot before the betting is complete.
- Needlessly stalling the action of a game (AKA - The Gavin / Randy Rule).
- Deliberately discarding hands away from the muck. Cards should be released in a low line of flight, at a moderate rate of speed (not at the dealer's hands or chip-rack).
- Stacking chips in a manner that interferes with dealing or viewing cards.
- Making statements or taking action that could unfairly influence the course of play, whether or not the offender is involved in the pot.